Monday, May 11, 2009

What do the fountain and the silvery-clear liquid symbolize?

There was a frail old lady with silver threadlike hair tending carefully to her flowers in a magnificent garden. This was the most elegant garden I had ever seen. There were somewhat robust hedges demarcating the garden. There were bright yellow flowers that made a circle just inside the hedges. There were unerringly picturesque red, blue and violet flowers arranged in an indefinite manner, a design that she alone could comprehend. And in the middle was the piece de resistance; a shimmering brazen fountain that dispensed silvery-clear liquid. I couldn’t decide if this liquid I saw, even for the split-second that I saw it, was water; it had this ethereality that I could not understand. The picture still flashes in my head, every time the liquid seeming to be something different.

What do the fountain and the silvery-clear liquid symbolize?
Was this a dream? I'm not good at dream interpretation but I did pretty well in lit classes, so...perhaps the fountain, being in the center...represents the core, or rooted base for the life force (the water-like substance) in the garden. The fountain is the source of the life force, and what ebbs from it changes when you see it, because life changes. It's different colors and different shimmers because sometimes in life, you're young (chronologically or at heart) and full of energy and happiness, and at other times, you're more melancholy, or chaotic or joyful or angry etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment